[here]. Cookies only give us access to information you provide, and you can restrict or disable cookies through your internet browser.
Here you’ll find a list of the cookies we use, what they do and how you can manage them. Cookies are small text files downloaded on to your computer, tablet or smartphone when you visit our website – or any site, in fact – that help sites monitor things like traffic, and help you do things like save items in your cart and return to them later.
All cookies can be managed through your internet browser, but bear in mind that if you reject essential cookies, you may be unable to access certain features on the website.
These are necessary for the site to work. Without them, you may not be able to move around the site smoothly.
• PHP session ID
• Sessions are a way of assigning site visits to individual users. In simple terms: this is what enables you do things specific to your needs, such as saving items to your cart.
• This identifies trusted web traffic and will override any security restrictions based on the IP address you’re visiting from. For example, if you’re browsing on a public WiFi network where there are other users, this cookie can identify that your device is trusted. It does not store any information that could identify you personally.
These help us analyse how people use the site – the pages they visit most, the times site traffic is highest, and conversion rates, to name just a few things we measure.
• Google Analytics
• These cookies collect information about how people use the site – the most-visited pages, time spent on different pages, site traffic levels, approximate location of site visitors. This information helps us improve both the business and the usability of the site itself.
• Google Adwords
• Google Adwords cookies help us see how many people come to us through our Google Ads, and also help us to show targeted adverts to people who have previously visited our site. These cookies cannot personally identify individuals, and can be disabled through your browser.
• Bing cookies record information about transactions on the site for marketing purposes – but all the information is anonymous and can’t be used to identify you.
Third party cookies
We use the independent review site Trustpilot to collect feedback on our services, and link to our page on Trustpilot from our website. The Trustpilot widget is displayed throughout our site using cookies.
We analyse traffic to this website to help us improve both what we do as a business and the site itself – we want your experience of the site to run as smoothly as possible. Rest assured, we only collect anonymous, aggregate statistics – nothing that could identify anyone personally.
As we’re sure you know, there’s certain data we have to collect from you – for example: we take your address so that your order is sent to the right place, and we take your contact details so we can keep you updated throughout the ordering process. We don’t sell or pass on your details to anyone else for marketing purposes, and the only third parties who receive your contact information are our suppliers and their couriers.
We do use your details for our own marketing purposes – to let you know of great deals and new products, and to dazzle you with fine prose and stunning images, of course – but you can unsubscribe to our emails at any time by emailing us.